On ۱۴۰۳/۴/۱۵ ۱۷:۳۹, Paul Sopka wrote:
Hey everybody

I am currently working on implementing boot scripts, system services, user services and general policy for Gentoo with s6/s6-rc.

I will soon (once I consider it acceptable) publish a github repo of my current state, so others can criticize, improve and suggest components. The plans is to, after some fleshing out, open another repo containing an overlay with a profile and some packages, so it can be easily installed for testing purposes. In the best case this shall once be merged into official Gentoo.

Hi!
That's really nice and I'm really excited about that repo :)

Currently I see two major things I still need to solve:

1) A service monitoring logged in users, starting the user supervision tree on the first login of a user and stopping it once the user logs out from the last shell/display manager

I think "turnstile" is a suitable option for this purpose. It's designed in three parts: a PAM module for detecting logins, a Daemon and some service supervisor loader scripts (backends). Currently it does support Dinit and Runit as backends but there should not be any problem around writing a backend for s6-rc. See https://github.com/chimera-linux/turnstile for project itself and more info.

Best Regards