"sudo kill -INT `cat /var/run/nginx.pid`" is not how you start nginx actually.
  That's how you might *restart* an already running nginx (at least one which
isn't managed by supervisor), but since it's not running yet, it's not relevant.

I don't know the magic command to make this work because I've never used nginx,
but in general, you need to get nginx to run:

- in the foreground
- as the same user as the person (or process) which started supervisor

   - OR -

- as the user implied by "user = someuser" (someuser)

Getting ngnix to run in the foreground is apparently accomplished by setting
"daemon off" in the nginx config file, at least according to
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/152245 .

Making sure it's running as "the right" user is another issue.  This depends
entirely on your setup.