Nginx runs as a deamon by default without any arguments IIRC.  I don't
think you want to manage it with supervisord.  If so you might want to
figure out the option to make it run in the foreground(I would look it
up, but I'm not by a fully operational computer).

Typically you would want to manage with with an init script.  If you
installed it from your distributions repository, I'd imagine it
installed one for you.

On 12/13/09, Mark Jarecki <mjare...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just another question. How do I configure the supervisord.conf file to
> enable the control of Nginx?
>
> Killing Nginx is typically:
> sudo kill -INT `cat /var/run/nginx.pid`
>
> The Nginx section in my supervisord.conf is:
>
> [program:nginx]
> command=sudo /usr/local/sbin/nginx
> stopsignal=INT
> user=someuser
>
> This does nothing but generate errors when I run:
>
> sudo supervisorctl stop nginx
>
> The error:
> FAILED: unknown problem killing nginx (163):Traceback (most recent call
> last):
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/supervisor-3.0a7-py2.6.egg/supervisor/process.py",
> line 383, in kill
>     options.kill(self.pid, sig)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/supervisor-3.0a7-py2.6.egg/supervisor/options.py",
> line 1064, in kill
>     os.kill(pid, signal)
> OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
>
> Then when i run sudo supervisorctl status, I get:
>
> nginx                            UNKNOWN
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Sent from my mobile device