Ken wrote:
Hi. Have SM 1.1.11 and Windows XP Home. A friend overseas sent me the following link to a 'Berlin exhibition': http://video.spiegel.de/flash/48925_996x560_VP6_928.flv

But I get a Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library error message

I get a dialog asking me what to do with that file (MIME type video/x-flv). I guess you have a plugin installed that handles that MIME type. Type about:plugins into the location bar and see which one it is. If you type about:config first and set plugin.expose_full_path to true (type it into the Filter field, then double click on the line that is found) you will see the full path of each plugin. Move the offending one away (renaming it to something not ending in .dll is enough) and check if the problem still exists.

BTW: Plugins, in contrast to extensions, are executed with the same rights as the host application, in this case SeaMonkey. That's why the error messages shows the SeaMonkey executable.

Can anybody here tell me what to do?!  Ring Microsoft perhaps?

I doubt they will help. It's just too often that a dialog tells people to do that. ;-)

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>