On 02/08/2009 10:26 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Ken wrote:
>> Hi.  Have SM 1.1.11 and Windows XP Home.  A friend overseas sent me the
>> following link to a 'Berlin exhibition':
>> http://video.spiegel.de/flash/48925_996x560_VP6_928.flv
>>
>> But I get a Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library error message saying:
>> Runtime Error!
>> Program: C:\Program Files\mozila.org\SeaMonkey\SeaMonkey.exe
>> R6034
>> An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
>> incorrectly.
>> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>>
>> Can anybody here tell me what to do?!  Ring Microsoft perhaps?
>>
>> Thanks - Ken (in Oz)
>
> have you got adobe flash installed? If not, then you
> need it: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

I think one of the problems may be that it is a .flv flash rather than a
.swf which the Adobe flashplayer is built for. When I check the link it
uses mplayer (linux) to open my local flash player rather than Adobe's
flashplayer. To correct that you need to have MIME type video/x-flv
defined for flashplaer.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flv/

My flashplayer has:
Shockwave Flash

    File name: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r15

MIME Type       Description     Suffixes        Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash   Shockwave Flash         swf     Yes
application/futuresplash        FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes

For video/x-flv my system uses mplayer:

mplayerplug-in 3.55

    File name: /home/gg2xp/.mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
    mplayerplug-in 3.55

    Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media
Player streams using MPlayer
    JavaScript Enabled and Using GTK2 Widgets
MIME Type       Description     Suffixes        Enabled
video/x-flv     Flash Video     flv     Yes

So I _think_ he'd need to check his about:plugins to see if there is
anything associated with video/x-flv or "application/x-flash-video".

For Ken: You can download the .flv file and play locally. I've looked at
it/played it and it's fine. Just be aware that it's a 22Mb video, so if
you are on dialup it will take quite awhile to download.

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=windows+%2B.flv+player&btnG=Search>