On 2/22/2009 3:42 PM, Ken wrote:
> Red Bird wrote:
>> I downloaded the Flash Player uninstaller to the desktop and ran it. And
>> then I downloaded the Flash Player for Mozilla to the desktop. I closed
>> SeaMonkey and the Tash Manager showed nothing running. I ran the Flash
>> Player. I went to the www.USAToday.com site and a message said I needed
>> the Flash Player. I went to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
>> The Flash Folder has the following in it.
>> Flash10a.ocx
>> Flashplayer.xpt
>> install.log
>> KB923789.inf
>> NPSWF32.dll
>> NPSWF32.dll
>> NPSWF32.dll.prebar
>> NPSWF32 Flashutil.exe (this shows a flash icon)
>> Uninstallplugin.exe
>> Can anyone see where I have made errors? Thanks.
>
>       I hesitate to comment since there are far more knowledgeable people
> here that I, but I have had trouble installing flash into SeaMonkey and
> found the problem to be where it placed the file NPSWF32.dll.  Once I
> copied that file and placed it into the plugins folder for Mozilla:
> C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\plugins
> it solved my problem.  Now it could be the later version does this
> correctly and the older version did not.  All I know is what worked.

Placing the plugin into SeaMonkey\plugins should not be necessary.
Flash 10.0 r12 works okay for me with SeaMonkey 1.1.14 while the
NPSWF32.dll plugin remains in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash.  I
have several other plugins -- including Java -- that work okay while
remaining in their own installed directories.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>