David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/22/2009 3:42 PM, Ken wrote:
Red Bird wrote:
I downloaded the Flash Player uninstaller to the desktop and ran it. And then I downloaded the Flash Player for Mozilla to the desktop. I closed SeaMonkey and the Tash Manager showed nothing running. I ran the Flash Player. I went to the www.USAToday.com site and a message said I needed the Flash Player. I went to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
The Flash Folder has the following in it.
Flash10a.ocx
Flashplayer.xpt
install.log
KB923789.inf
NPSWF32.dll
NPSWF32.dll
NPSWF32.dll.prebar
NPSWF32 Flashutil.exe (this shows a flash icon)
Uninstallplugin.exe
Can anyone see where I have made errors? Thanks.
I hesitate to comment since there are far more knowledgeable people here that I, but I have had trouble installing flash into SeaMonkey and found the problem to be where it placed the file NPSWF32.dll. Once I copied that file and placed it into the plugins folder for Mozilla: C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\plugins it solved my problem. Now it could be the later version does this correctly and the older version did not. All I know is what worked.

Placing the plugin into SeaMonkey\plugins should not be necessary.
Flash 10.0 r12 works okay for me with SeaMonkey 1.1.14 while the
NPSWF32.dll plugin remains in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash.  I
have several other plugins -- including Java -- that work okay while
remaining in their own installed directories.

for what its worth, others have been reporting a problem with the 10 version and have been reverting back to the 9 series.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm