Ant wrote:
Since I had to dump Debian's IceApe a few weeks ago, I had to install SeaMonkey (SM) v1.1.4 from seamonkey-1.1.14.en-US.linux-i686.installer.tar.gz into /home/Programs/seamonkey/ ... Mostly everything works, but I noticed saving files cause SM to freeze hard. CPU usage is in used from SM.

I have to kill its three processes through KDE v3.5.10's terminal since regular kills weren't enough. At first, I thought it was the old SessionSaver extension but I was still able to reproduce the freeze. I

I tried to use strace but it seems to stop when SM loads a Web page and doesn't output anymore.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

You might try creating a brand new profile with no extensions or add-ons, and see if the behavior continues.I will say that I would use 'top' in a window and see if SM grows over time and behaves badly when it hits 450-550MB in size.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>