I don't designate domains as "text" or "HTML" at all.  and my #3
setting is HTML only.  Yet, if I type a 1-line message (no signature,
etc), and send it, even to myself, it appears in the sent folder, and
(if i'm the recipient) in my inbox, only as plain text.  No one has
said that they do this and then upon Viewing Page Source, see type
HTML.

/j
1. as you have
1a - as you have
2 I know nothing about what happens when posting to Newsgroups.  My
issue concerns Email
3 mine is "HTML ONLY"
4 me neither
5 me neither