chicagofan schrieb:
chicagofan wrote:
Martin Feitag wrote:
chicagofan schrieb:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
For some reason I cannot install their media player to view Fox TV shows.
What do I need to do? The message given is "install script"cannot be found.

Thanks for any advice...
bj

Could you post a link?

Lee
http://www.fox.com/house/

I was trying to view the latest "House" episode, and got the install
their player message.  After doing that, the install script message appears.

Thanks...
bj
This just seems to be flash (can only check with "Tribute to Kutner" as
I am outside the US). So have you got flash installed and activated? (or
do they use a diferent player or the full episodes?)
Kutner is what I wanted to see.  I do have Flash installed, and they don't
identify their player that I can see.

The Message suggests that the install script is not compatible with your
browser. That often happens with plugins made for the newer
plugin-system which firefox already has and SM2.0 will have. I bet that
with Seamonkey2.0alpha it would work. If you want to test, give it a try
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.0a3 (it won't touch your
SM1.1.x when installed seperately)

Martin

I think I will try the 2.0 release, and see if that works, because I've had
trouble with other sites that were less important.

Thanks, Martin... hope you're right it won't affect 1.1.14.  :)
bj

P.S.  - I've changed my mind since reading the instructions.  I didn't see
how to install separately, and I've forgotten.  :)

I'm wondering if a Firefox fake method would work?

Just install it to another folder, SM2 will import the profile from your SM1.1.x profile and place the new profile somewhere else automtically :-)

btw: I did not have to use any other plugin than flash, strange...