zvnteq7 wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
zvnteq7 wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
zvnteq7 wrote:
I noticed that moving between newsgroup messages is much
slower in
SM than it is in TB, is there a way to speed this up? I mean it's
not super slow but there is a noticeable difference between the
two. Help appreciated,

Thanks
close SM and remove the file hostperm.1. Reopen SM and try again.
Did that work?

I can't even find hostperm.1 , it's not in the profile folder,
could
it be in another folder?

Thanks
Whoops my bad, well I was looking in the wrong 'profile' folder, I
found the right one this way:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey#For_Windows_users

Thanks for your help though :)
Crap, still slower than TB :/

Maybe TB is just... a little faster?
nope, I find SM and TB just as fast

No difference noted as well.

Lee
Well one ray of light, the 2.0 Alpha 3 is slightly faster than 1.1.6 :)
(I just installed it and it's working great so far)

and yes, *I* can tell the difference :)

2.0a3 has crashed several times for me over the last month, something
the 1.1.x series never did.

Be patient, it's still an alpha-version ;-)
(though I have to say it doesn't crash often here)

On the whole though, I find it a great improvement.

yeah :-)

Martin

Oh not often at all, maybe once or twice a week. Still, its more then I ever saw with 1.1.x.

Its not enough to cause a problem, and I've been using it as my default app for quite a while now. I am quite sure the problem will be solved, and its going to be a great release.

Lee