Arnie Goetchius schrie>
> Further research shows a way of moving the profile to another location.
> It is included in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder
> under the heading of "Modify profiles.ini to point to the new location -
> Advanced. - Firefox Thunderbird and SeaMonkey 2"
>
> So it appears that there is a workaround to get the files where I want
> them. Presumably, the profile folder is installed on the C: partition on
> the initial install no matter what you say in the "Custom" install
> dialogue. After that, you can use the above instructions to move the
> profile to another partition. I have not tried it yet.

This is correct, the default locaton is on C: of course (at least as
long as your "documents and settings"-directory is there.
So you can
- move that entire docs&settings directory to D: or F: or whtever
- edit the profiles.ini as you said
- use the profile-manager (tools-menu in SM and in the windows
start-menu also) of SM to create a profile wherever you want after
installing it.

regards
Martin

/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii