asmpgmr wrote:
The question still remains: are users who like the way things work in
SeaMonkey 1.x in the target audience for SeaMonkey 2.0 ?

As it stands I'm going to stick with SeaMonkey 1.1.x, for me there are
several show stoppers in SeaMonkey 2.0: awfulbar, extremely intrusive
infobars, bad password manager, bad download progress dialog. Also if
the new tabmail feature can't be turned off then that would be a major
show stopper for me. While it would be nice to have the newer and
faster Gecko 1.9.1 rendering engine, Gecko 1.8.1 still handles
websites just fine and these new features are just too undesirable to
me and clearly there is no concern for longtime users who like things
the way they have been from Mozilla Suite through SeaMonkey 1.1.x.

Perhaps someone will take an old pre-alpha 1 build of SeaMonkey 2.0
which supported early Gecko 1.9.1 before any of these UI changes were
added, drop in the current version of Gecko 1.9.1 and release that as
a user-supported custom build, a sort of SeaMonkey 1.5.

After reading these threads, I decided against SeaMonkey, for now.

I'm perfectly happy with Firefox 3.5.3 and Thunderbird 2.0.x and see no benefit to switching, but I have noticed a few things I enjoy now are missing in SeaMonkey.

Innovation is wonderful, but I like options and tweaks, and buttons, and progress bars, and the ability to turn various bells and whistles on or off as I prefer.

--
KristleBawl