Jens Hatlak wrote:
On 10/27/2009 10:14 PM David E. Ross wrote:
With SeaMonkey 1.1.x, my home page was my bookmarks file (bookmarks.html
in my profile).  A survey done by Mozillazine some years ago indicated a
significant number of users have their bookmarks as their home page.
With bookmarks now in a database, how do I do this with SeaMonkey 2?

The bookmarks format is still the same and won't change for the SM 2.0.x product line, but probably for SM 2.1. Or more technical: The Places back-end is only used for history currently.

Firefox 3.5 has the preference browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML, which should refresh the ancient bookmarks.html on shutdown if set to true.

I guess SM 2.1 will inherit that pref in due course so cross reference to bookmarks.html like OP describes will continue to be possible.

/john