Interviewed by CNN on 30/10/2009 21:42, Steven Hilgendorf told the world:

> Trying to install Seamonkey 2.0 on Windows Visa Premium.  When I
> double-click on the install file it unpacks and throws up a Run As
> dialog indicating "You my not have the necessary permissions to use all
> the features of the program you are about to run. You may run this
> program as a different user or continue to run the program as the
> current user."
>
> If I check the "Current user" box and click OK nothing happens,
> installation stops/ends.  If I check the "Run the program as the
> following user: [Administrator logon]" box and click OK I get logon failure.
>
> The only account set up on this system is the one I'm using, which has
> full administrator rights, and I don't have any trouble installing other
> software, including earlier Seamonkey iterations.

Try cancelling, right-clicking on the installer package and choosing
"run as administrator" THERE. That is, right from the start.

Vista admin rights are kinda funny. Even in a so-called
"administrator-level" account there is stuff that only the "real
administrator" can do.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... I like two kinds of women: domestic and foreign.
* TagZilla 0.0661 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org on Seamonkey 2