I am trying to transfer a profile from iceape to seamonkey2 on 64 bit
system runing Debian Squeeze following mozillaZine "Moving Your Profile
Folder" article.

Failure: Started profile manager, created tom - the name of the iceape
profile - and used chose folder to specify the path to this profile.
Now /home/tom/.mozilla/seamonkey/profiles.ini contains:

Script started on Mon 02 Nov 2009 11:31:06 AM EST
t...@dragon:~$ less .mozilla/seamonkey/profiles.ini

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=tvq6igyr.default

[Profile1]
Name=tom
IsRelative=0
Path=/home/tom/.mozilla/tom
Default=1

.mozilla/seamonkey/profiles.ini (END)
...@dragon:~$ exit

Script done on Mon 02 Nov 2009 11:31:36 AM EST

but if I start seamonkey it treats this as a new empty profile.  I can
enter email account information and access my email accounts but it
knows nothing of the iceape account data.