I have been a faithful user of SeaMonkey and all its predecessors going back to the early 1990s. Currently, I have version 1.1.18 installed on my system and two days ago I downloaded and installed version 2 - immediately running into an unexpected and totally avoidable problem.

I expected the installation to follow the usual procedure of deleting the prior working version and overriding the desktop icons, as in prior upgrades. It did not do so, thereby causing a conflict with incoming mails which arrived in version 2.0 on the first session right after installation, then yo version 1.1.18 on the next and subsequent openings of SeaMonkey Mail, leaving me with mails to be transferred over. I have not yet fully recovered from this unwarranted problem which an instruction/warning during the installation and/or during "import" phase of the installation 2.0 would have prevented, and so would have new icons on the desktop.

I have one other smaller, but significant problem. While I have not had much time yet to investigate what has changed besides that some add-ons no longer work and the look of the icons and smileys is different (the new smileys are awful!), I did notice right away that the mails status bar no longer shows that the program is downloading incoming mails. Can anyone tell me whether that feature will be brought back? I am not a FireFox/Thunderbird user (I dislike and uninstalled Firefox), and the loss of this feature may force me to scrap SeaMonkey 2.0 to go back to 1.1.18.

Thank you,

Marisa