I am having a similar problem. Last night I installed Seamonkey 2.0
over top of 1.1.18. The installation went well and at the end it
opened 2.0 and I used it for a while.

This morning I booted up my computer and opened Seamonkey only to find
that it is still 1.1.18!  Add/Remove programs shows 2.0 installed.
Searching the hard drive shows 2 installations: Program Files/
Seamonkey and Program Files/mozilla.org/Seamonkey, however the
Seamonkey.exe file in both of these only opens 1.1.18.

Is 2.0 a new kind of vaporware? ;-)

HP laptop running Windows XP Pro.