James wrote:

James,

The way you are posting is making it almost impossible to give you any consistent help. Every time you reply, it ends up in a different thread. We just cannot keep track of what you are asking about. We want to help, but this way, its very hard, and very frustrating to us.

I don't know why you are having this problem, but I do have a suggestion. This is actually a newsgroup, set up on an NNTP server. it is mirrored to a mailing list, to which you are subscribed, but it works better on a news server. The helpers here are almost universally subscribed to the news server. The whole system is newsgroup based and works best that way.

I suggest that you go to Edit>>Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings>> and click on Add Account in the resulting dialog. Select Newsgroup Account. Type your name, and the email address you wish to use for off list replies. If you prefer to set a dummy address, such as ja...@invalid.invalid, you can do that.

On the next screen, type news.mozilla.org in the field. On the next screen, verify the account name you wish to use. news.mozilla.org will be fine. The next screen verifies all your information, so review and create your account.

Close out of Account Settings, and select your new account in the Folder Pane. Click Manage Newsgroup Subscriptions. If the list is not populated, click Refresh to get the latest list of available groups. Subscribe to mozilla.support.seamonkey, and any others you would like to see.

Open the account, and ask to download the last 500 headers. You should see all your support questions and responses. Any new posts you make should thread in an organized manner, which will help us give you the help you need. Right now, everything you post is scattered all over the group, making it impossible to keep track. If that continues, people are just going to stop answering you.

Lee