Phillip Jones wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On 05/11/2009 04:21, MikeyG wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:

/snip/

Apparently the Form History Control extension has been SeaMonkey 2.0
compatible since SeaMonkey 2.0a3.

Form History Control 1.1.3
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/12021>

Screenshot:
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/p/32482/1242826854>

===== quote =====
An extension to View and Manage form history entries giving you full
control over what is stored.

If you ever had to clear your entire form history because you keyed
in a
password in the wrong form field, or you just want to easily correct
misspelled entries, this is the extension for you.

This extension adds a submenu to the tools menu giving you access
to a
powerful formhistory control center. This extension also adds a
button
to the privacy tab of the Firefox options. The control is also
accessible from the right-click context-menu presenting even more
options for managing the formhistory entries.

Form History Control will display all form data that has been
saved by
the web browser with options to filter the data either by keyword,
active page, active field or cleanup criteria. It is furthermore
possible to sort the data by parameter including form field name,
value,
date or popularity.

Each entry can be edited in the interface which is very helpful to
correct misspelled entries in the history saving the hassle of
deleting
and entering the data anew. Individual or multiple entries can be
deleted right from within the interface.

The cleanup tab contains settings to automate the removal of form
history. It includes options to remove form history data that has not
been used for some time and those that have been used less than x
times.

This extension also offers the possibility to export/import the form
history data as well as the cleanup configuration, allowing you to
exchange data between multiple Firefox configurations.
===== end quote =====

Phil

Well, that should solve that!

Installed fine in 2.0, and it should meet everyone's needs. Thanks so
much, Phil!

Lee

Actually No it doesn't exactly work.
On SeaMonkey 2 Mac OSX.4.11 when installed it if you go from Mail to
Browser there is a empty web page the controls are there. Clicking on
Home bring up page. but once you close the Browser and reopen its back
to empty page.
As far as what its supposed to do . It great. Now every time I
switch to
it I'll have to get use to a blank window and just type in the URL or
hit home first.

No idea what you are talking about here, Did you install the right
extension?

Yes Forms History extension the version for SM2

I installed it this afternoon on my macbook Pro, and just now on my
iMac. It works beautifully.

I does work as it should now. But when first install when you switch to
Browser. all the Ribbon or menubar controls were there; but the window
of the web page was totally empty

The entry for Form History appears in the Tools menu of the menu bar,
but only from the browser window, Mail/News doesn't need a forms
manager. After installing, I opened the browser, then Mail/News. I
closed the browser window, then reopened. The dialog that opens from
Tools>>Form History is still there and works beautifully. Heck, I've
only had a quick look, but it looks a lot better then what 1.1.18 had.

Forms History item is on the tool menu but when first installed. the web
page window was totally Blank.
The way you describe it working is kind of bizarre. Can you go step by
step and tell us how you are trying to invoke the Form History Controls,
and where it goes wrong. I get nothing like a blank page, and nothing
like a home button.

The problem I explained happened after the install. I go get the
extension. I let it install. I had it restart SM to finish install. I
then went to Browser (I usually have browser turn off when I first boot
up , I have it open into the Mail & news groups. If I need the browser I
go to window menu, and choose Browser my ISP Home page shows up.)

Any way after the install the menubar (back, Forward, Stop; etc.) was
there but the window that shows the actual web page was totally empty.

As an example,on my start page, there is a Map Quest directions form
that I use a lot. When I am on that page, I click Tools>>Form
History>>Form History Control. In the resulting dialog, I see all the
fomr history saved in SeaMonkey. I can click a radio button, and see
just the form history for that page. I quickly saw one typo, where I
had typed "West Cormwall", instead of "West Cornwall", and I was able to
remove the entry easily.

It also had all my search queries saved, making it very easy to remove
duplicate searches, or again, those with typos.

Its a great extension, and adds more then the tool it replaces. Lets
get it working for you.

It does work as it should once I got the bug stopped.
Lee

What web page are you talking about? Tools>>Form History>>Form History
Control opens a dialog window, not a web page?

Okay, now I see it. When I open SeaMonkey, I open the Browser, then open
Mail/News from the Componenet Bar.

If I do that, close the browser, then open the browser from the
Component bar, yes it opens a blank window. Clcikcing the Home button
does open my home pages.

SInce I do it the reverse of you, I had never noticed it. Let me take a
further look.

Lee

First of all, my apologies Phillip. I was having trouble understanding exactly what you were saying, I suppose since we open SM entirely backwards from one another, that accounts for it. You are quite right in everything you say, and your workaround is the correct way to fix it.

It is the extension, of course. I disabled it, and the behavior was normal, opening Browser from the Component Bar in Mail/News worked fine. With it reenabled, I got the same problem you described.

I tested it also in Ubuntu 9.10, and in XP Home SP3. Ubuntu SM 2.0 exhibits the same problem, and the same fix works. XP, same thing.

This is good news. If the extension developer can fix it on Windows, the fix will probably be cross platform. The only problem is that this is a Firefox extension ported to SeaMonkey. In Firefox, this would never happen since there is no Mail/News component.

I would suggest that SeaMonkey users of the extension write the developer and inform him of this small problem. Since you have found an easy workaround, its not a huge issue, but it would be nice to get it fixed, if it is a fairly trivial fix on his part.

Lee