Bill Davidsen schrieb:
> Martin Freitag wrote:
>> Bill Davidsen schrieb:
>>> I still work with people who want passwords and logins recorded in a
>>> spreadsheet. I have a tool which will export to HTML, from which I can
>>> (painfully) extract what is specified, but before I give up I'll ask
>>> again, is there a *working* tool to save password manager data in some
>>> sensible format, csv (or xml as far 2nd choice), which works?
>>>
>>> I have had some suggestions, but most include hand waving phrases like
>>> "don't check validation" or "may need cosmetic rewrites" and such, and
>>> the programs appear to be for SM 1.1.xx or old Firefox. Unless there's a
>>> "skip validation and rewrite by magic to 2.0 format" feature I missed,
>>> these don't cut it.
>>>
>>> If anyone has a add-on which works, please include a link to the magic
>>> incantation used to install it.
>>
>> about:config
>> extensions.checkcompatibility => false
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/2848
>>
> That doesn't seem to work, see
> http://www.tmr.com/~davidsen/SM-passwd-export/

Hu? Strange...maybe you need to restart SM, not sure about that.
Does you Addon-Manager show that warning bar that compatibility check
has been disabled?

>> Otherwise grab the xpi from there, save it on your HDD, unzip it, change
>> the conent of the install.rdf so that seamonkey's max-version is 2.1 or
>> so and re-zip it. Then you can deploy it to yur users if necessary.
>> regards
>>
> I'll try that, but having tried it on another add-on without success I'm
> not optimistic. In general setting flags to ignore problems hasn't
> worked well for me with themes, extensions, etc. Tomorrow.

Well this is no general workaround for everything, there are in fact
extensions out there which are simply not compatible by there code. But
I tested this extension myself and can confirm that it works in SM once
you get around the check.
regards

Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii