Leonidas Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
/snip/

Middle Click opens new tabs from links in the browser, keeping the
orignal page in a tab, it opens links in Mail/News, keeping focus to
Mail/News. Left click always brings the browser to focus, which I
usually don't want.

Without middle click I would feel hamstrung, but I guess its all in
what you are used to.

Lee

I just set my default prefs to open links meant for a new window into a
Tab in my browser, and that's probably why I miss it in a Pref panel for
Mail/News. I'd like to see a default pref to open messages in a new Tab
instead of a new window for Mail/News, and I guess that's in the works.

I can right click and select from the context menu to bring up a new Tab
for a link, so I've never seen a reason or need for a middle. But yeah,
I guess it's what you're used to.

Thing is, I can get any link to open in a new tab with one middle click, whether it is targeted for a new window or not. It is a little faster then right click and select new tab, though if I were used to doing it that way, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Lee

It's probably given the amount of time I spend on a laptop - I try to set up all my machines (Mac and PCs at work) to function as nearly the same as I can, so middle clicking is just an annoyance for me - particularly if I'm using a trackpad.

I have yet to navigate to a site with links I'd want to open in a new Tab without my taking direct action, so the pref works the way I do. Particularly given that History doesn't track across Tabs once you close them...the way I work sort of helps me manage the availability of History for my Back button.

...but that probably still speaks to laptop workflow, when I think about it.

--
     - Rufus