Rufus wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Barbara Norvell wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Barbara Norvell wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 6/11/2009 19:38, Barbara Norvell told the
world:
I love the new Seamonkey. I have a little problem. On the front
page,
I did something that made the headings dissappear. I have the
Row of
bookmarks and the tabs, but the rest are missing.

Look at the personal toolbar (the "row of bookmarks" you mention).
Are
you seeing a small vertical rectangle on the left side? Yes? OK.

Now look right *above* the personal toolbar. Check if there is a
little
horizontal rectangle, similar to the one you found to the left of
the
personal toolbar, only horizontal instead of vertical. If there is
one,
click on it.

Those rectangles are like "toggles" to hide/unhide the toolbars.
They
have been there since the Netscape days, I think.

I don't see either of them. That is the first thing I looked for. My
mail window is fine, but I don't see the toggles on that page either.
I assume they are there, or I wouldn't have lost the Top Bar.

Barb
Ibook G4
OS 10.4.1

Which Theme are you using? I've noted a few graphical issues with the
2.0 default theme - like some areas of the window excluding clicks -
for
ex: can't get a right-click to register above the Address bar.

Try switching to the Classic Theme and see if that presents the
"collapse" bars for you.

Just noticed the "collapse bars aren't displayed in the Default
Theme...

...another thing to try with the Default Theme - right click
(cntrl+click) the Toolbar and make sure "Navigation Toolbar" and
"Personal Toolbar" are both checked.

If you encounter the same bug I have - can't get a contextual menu if
you right-click the top of the Toolbar - try right-clicking at the
bottom of the Toolbar below the URL Address line. That should work.

Couldn't right click, cause I have a Mac, but I did a click and hold,
which I think is comparable to the right click on a pc. It works. My
navigation toolbar was not checked. Thanks

Barb
Barb
Ibook G4
OS 10.4.1

I'm an obsessive Mac user myself (I own 4 working ones, and have another
collection of defunct ones in my garage) - control+click on a Mac is
also a default equivalent for a right-click on a PC. Click and hold also
works...never tried that one before, so you taught me something! Glad
you got it solved.

Sometimes click and hold works, sometimes not.  Control Click almost
always emulates a right click.  Command click works for middle click
options in most cases.

Mac OSX is also enabled for three button mice as well.  I love my
bluetooth Mighty Mouse.  I don't know if Apple even sells the one button
mice any more, though.  A lot of full time Mac users refer to right and
middle click, now, since our pointing devices now do that. Of course
laptops still need the shortcuts.

By the way barb, I assume that 1.5.1. was a typo for 1.4.11, the latest
Tiger?

Lee

Being able to "alternate click" or "right-click" using a geture on the
new trackpads ont MacBook rocks!  I'm one of the many that are drooling
for Apple to produce a wireless keyboard that incorporates the MacBook
trackpad - I hate mice in general, no matter whose they are.  Gimme a
trackball!

...and I'm still looking for a reason to use a "middle click" for
anything.  Haven't found one as of yet - left or right, yeah...middle?
Not so much...not for me anyway...

I've tried trackballs and never could get them to work for me, made my hand cramp up. I prefer a mouse and have gotten use to track-pad on my PowerBook. This is not say Trackballs are good or bad. Mice are neither good or bad as well, or trackpads.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com