James wrote:

James, for future reference, when posting here with a problem, ALWAYS
use reply, so that your messages stay in one threading, so people can
chase up whats been suggested before so they don't repeat what others
have said.

Then, to stop each post getting too long, you can "snip" (i.e. cut and
delete) out the old stuff (as Lee did a few posts back), just leaving
enough for people to follow whats going on.

Good to see you've fixed your problem.

Daniel

For the record, James was using the mailing list interface, and
receiving a digest of posts periodically. Using the Reply key was going
to send a reply to the entire digest, and would not have threaded
anyhow. We got him set up on the news server and all is well.

Lee

.
.
And it is much appreciated.

I still would appreciate it if anyone can tell me if there is a way to
PROPERLY reply [without creating the problem with new threads] from the
mailing list interface.

If there is not then why the heck is it even provided? Members of this
list obviously don't want to have to struggle with a new thread with
every reply.

Incidentally, I always used "reply" on the mailing list just as I have
here; that doesn't work on the mailing list.

Thanks,
James

I know "Reply All" worked in the email client going through support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org but you had to remove the originating sender so they don't get double of what you send but don't know if it works the same in newsgroup so I'm sending this through newsgroup. If you get this from the newsgroup and as a direct email James and this threads correctly I would suggest using the "Reply All". If not then your guess is as good as mine.