»Q« wrote:
In
<news:mailman.669.1257778802.526.support-seamon...@lists.mozilla.org>,
Keith Whaley <keit...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

»Q« wrote:
In <news:3iadnwfge7zk_grxnz2dnuvz_vsdn...@mozilla.org>,
James <res07...@gte.net> wrote:

I still would appreciate it if anyone can tell me if there is a way
to PROPERLY reply [without creating the problem with new threads]
from the mailing list interface.

If you're receiving all the list e-mails, instead of just digests,
simply replying should work fine without creating "new" threads.

It doesn't. I don't receive digests, but daily input to my mailing
list, and it does the same thing James has a problem with. My
convoluted way of using the mailing list is no fun either, but it
does not seem to create any changes to how the message is threaded,
nor any change to the Subject line. I see no need for this annoyance,
but it continues.

The usual approach is to create a folder for list posts to be
automatically put in, and to create a rule which changes the To header
to the list address automatically whenever you reply to a post in that
folder.

Creating a message filter to put all Support-seamonkey... messages in is the easy part. All that does for me is NOT put those particular incoming messages in my Inbox, but intercepts the incoming and puts SM messages in the SM folder. Yes, that certainly is very convenient, and a great tip, but doesn't address the header mess.

Some clients add a "reply to list" button in addition to the
"reply to sender" button.  I don't know if that's easy to do (or even
possible) with SeaMonkey.

I think the best I could do with SM 1.1.18 is to 'Send a Copy To'.
I'm pretty sure that works after you have composed a message. I'm sure it will not 'reply to list'. I can't find a way to accomplish that on my current SM.

Thanks for the words.

keith whaley