Eric wrote:
Ken wrote:
I am using SeaMonkey 2.0 and have had very few problems except for the
one regarding copying and pasting text. I have read comments about
McAfee (which I have) and their "site adviser," but I do not have that
installed. At any rate, the copying/pasting problem is so random that I
can live with it.

I would now like to load SeaMonkey 2.0 on a laptop computer and use all
the profile data from my desktop computer on it. If I was to copy the
.slt folder from my desktop to a memory stick, could I direct SeaMonkey
2.0 to import that profile to the laptop? Thanks.

There have been several postings about this subject over the history of
the group. You may want to search the history of the group.

        Three questions:

        First, how do I search the history of the news group?  Use Google?

Second, I thought SeaMonkey 2.0 placed the profile in a new location? If I use Mozbackup to put the old profile (1.8) on the new computer, won't it place it in a different location than what SeaMonkey 2.0 expects?

Lastly, copying the complete profile copies Prefs.js as well, doesn't it? In that file I believe there are references to the profile location. If it is wrong due to the new location of SeaMonkey, will it cause problems?

Thanks.

Personally, I prefer the Mozbackup for backing up and restoring a
profile to any computer you like, its free to download and install, no
nagging or registering. As everyone knows you should backup your
computer regularly, well I feel the same way about my profiles, and it
works on most Mozilla programs that use profiles. You can save the
backup to a thumb drive and with Mozbackup on the computer your
installing to, can quickly move it to the new computer. Couple of
selections, couple of clicks a viola your done.

But the flip side, in the past, yes you can copy the "contents" of your
.slt file folder over to the new .slt file. For more info, please see
the other posts as I have not transferred files this way myself. Good luck.

Eric