The following occured with my mailers (Thunderbird v2.0, SeaMonkey v1.1 and now SeaMonkey v2.0) on Windows platforms: The files describing a folder (.msf) have a name that differs from the one I typed in the software.

I've got two cases:
- A folder created under the name "This is my #1 folder" and listed as such ("This is my #1 folder") in the mailer's folder list whereas it's .msf and content FS files are "This is my 13b60fb3.msf" and "This is my 13b60fb3" - An older folder that might come from a previous mailer version which is listed as "Folder about3f23c2a6", just like it's FS files: "Folder about3f23c2a6.msf" and "Folder about3f23c2a6".

I now know that the weird tailing part is caused by special forbidden characters like slashes and dashes.

But I absolutely need to recover is the original name of the folders.

The first example above seems to indicate that mailer can, somehow, "translate" the name "This is my 13b60fb3" into "This is my #1 folder (because it is shown as it).
So why can't it do it in the other case?

Any clue of answers?

--
Duvergier Claude