On Nov 9, 12:28 pm, "S. Beaulieu" <seree...@netscape.net> wrote:
> William Morrison wrote:
> > They found that McAfee site adviser is causing a conflict, in msconfig
> > under services uncheck the McAfee site adviser, reboot and copy/cut
> > paste should work fine.
>
> I also discovered that the Site Advisor can be uninstalled altogether.
> Go in Program Files -> McAfee -> Site Advisor and run uninstall.exe.
> Added bonus: this process prompts a survey form asking why you
> uninstalled the Site Advisor, which allows you to tell McAfee that it
> was conflicting with SM2. The more people do this, the more likely it is
> that they will fix this bug.
>
> (Of course, it automatically launches the survey through IE even if it's
> not the default browser, so don't hesitate to add a comment about that too!)
>
> S.

This seems like this is best Google Groups mozilla.support.seamonkey
post to add to, for the copy-&-paste problem.

It seems that the consensus is that its McAfee's problem to resolve.
But the first thing asked when a problem surfaces, is "What changed?"
For me it's SeaMonkey (2.0). I've been running the same version of
McAfee since 2009/09/27. This version of McAfee, Total Protection
2010, was released to the public before SeaMonkey 2.0. SM 2.0 is the
new one in the pool (relatively), so to speak. Generally, it's up to
the last changer to investigate, find any problems on their side, or
determine the problem is not theirs, Yes, I confirm that turning off
McAfee SiteAdvisor makes the problem go away for me also. But that
doesn't mean its McAfee's fault. Personally I don't care whose fault
it is. Fault is not the issue, determining what caused the problem is.
Once that's established, the ball will be in whoever's court. They
(whoever it turns out to be) must then decide how to respond and give
a priority to that response.

A MozillaZine Forums post,
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1558785&start=15
, contains an interesting comment:

"Look, the problem is with Seamonkey when you try to copy text out of
it. Every other browser allows copy without problem. I am having the
same issue. It happened as soon as my Seamonkey 2.0 beta upgraded
itself to the release version. Also, copy was working fine in the 2.0
beta and RC2. Same firewall, same antivirus, the only thing that
changed was Seamonkey. Paste from non-Seamonkey apps into Seamonkey
works fine for me."

So, this poster claims that copy-&-paste worked fine in SeaMonkey 2.0
right up until the time it went GA (IBM talk meaning "Generally
Available"), released for production, final edition, etc. This sounds
like key info for determining the cause.

Also in that MozillaZine Forums post:
"My final possible stupid question - who is responsible for correcting
this glitch? In the past I have used the McAfee site advisor in IE and
it would be annoying to switch it on and off from msconfig."

I feel the same.

I'm new to Google Groups mozilla.support.seamonkey . How does this get
investigated? I'm not taking sides. I'd just like a definitive answer.

Thanks,
---P.A.C.