desertgal wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
desertgal schrieb:
Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:27:15 -0800, desertgal wrote:
/snip/

As another guess, take a look at the server settings in account
settings. It sounds as though you are trying to contact a secure
server without the security option enabled, or vice versa.

Edit>>Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings>>(accountinquestion)>>Server
Settings

Lee

There is nothing in password manager for the account. The server
settings are have secure connection checked & set the way gmail says to
set them. I think the problem is in Seamonkey somewhere since it never
asks for a password.

Okay, the way SeaMonkey Mail works is that you enter your username when you create the account, and you will be prompted for the password when you connect to the server. Since you have been unable to connect to the server, you have never been prompted to enter a password, so of course there is no entry.

The problem has to be with your server settings. I have four gmail accounts set up in SM, and all work fine. Somehow yours is not configured correctly, so the connection is never made.

Are you trying to set this up as an imap or POP account? Is this a straight gmail address, or is a cobranded domain name?

Lee