On 11/29/2009 08:41 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 11/29/2009 08:35 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
>> NoOp:
>>
>>>So it appears that there is something in the 2.0 password routine that
>>>gets stuck when it gets a refused password or error from the isp side.
>>>I'm not sure how to test further.
>>
>> If you could get a log that would be helpful.
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Logging
>>
>> Hartmut
>
> Excellent! Thanks for that & I'll set one up as I reckon that the
> ATT/Yahoo radius servers will probably have issues again.
>
> Gary

Works. What I did was modify the seamonkey shell script with:

#uncomment for debugging
#set -x
# keep a log
# For bash shell (the default shell on most GNU/Linux systems):
export NSPR_LOG_MODULES=smtp:5
export NSPR_LOG_FILE=/home/<myusername>/SeaMonkey2pre/seamonkey/smtp.log
#export NSPR_LOG_MODULES=pop3:5
#export NSPR_LOG_FILE=/home/<myusername>/SeaMonkey2pre/seamonkey/pop3.log

1. I set the path for where I run SM from in my home folder so that I
can easily copy/delete etc rather than having to mess with the /tmp root
folder.

2. I added & commented out the pop3 variables as those logs get rather
large, but can easily uncomment if having pop3 issues.

Thanks again Harmut; I'll be prepared next time :-)