u...@domain.invalid wrote:

I like to select and delete unwanted e-mail before I start to read the ones I am interested in but when I right click the mouse to select the e-mail for deletion and hit enter to delete it or them the next e-mail in line opens up and I would prefer that it did not until I select it. Is there a way to stop it from opening the next e-mail until I select it.

Thanks

Doesn't it let you close the preview pane (where messages display) by clicking the divider or dragging it to the edge of the window? That's what I've been doing for years in SeaMonkey 1, Mozilla, and even Netscape 4.x. I'd hate to hear the developers eliminated such an essential feature.

Here's my normal view:

Folder1 | Message1 subject/author line
Folder2 | Message2 subject/author line
Folder3 | Message3 subject/author line
Folder4 +-------------(==)----------------
....... |
....... |
....... |  Message display area
....... |  ("preview pane")
....... |
....... |

And here's the view I use when processing spam:

Folder1 | Message1 subject/author line
Folder2 | Message2 subject/author line
Folder3 | Message3 subject/author line
Folder4 | Message4 subject/author line