S. Beaulieu wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher a écrit :

Doesn't it let you close the preview pane (where messages display) by
clicking the divider or dragging it to the edge of the window?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that clicking or dragging the divider doesn't keep the message from opening; you just don't see it. It still opens, which is what he's trying to avoid.

Can't speak for v. 2, but in v. 1, when the divider reaches the edge of the window (so the preview pane has a size of zero), whether because you clicked it or dragged it, the messages don't open. At least SeaMonkey doesn't think it's opening them -- if I click on a subject line with the preview pane closed, it doesn't mark the message as read.

I'm not talking about shrinking the preview pane to a nonzero size, which does allow messages to open, even if you can't see them very well.

Paul B. Gallagher