On 12/4/2009 9:11 PM, Daniel wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 11/30/2009 6:21 PM, Danny Kile wrote:
>>> Web site work in IE but not in Seamonkey 2.0. However, it did not work
>>> in Seamonkey 1.1.18 either. When looking and the program listing if you
>>> click on a show it will display a opening that show a description.
>>> However, in Seamonkey if just show a blank.
>>>
>>> The link is: http://www.tvguide.com/listings/default.aspx
>> This is bug #330094.  It was reported to the Mozilla community about
>> 3-1/2 years ago, for Camino 1.0.  Less than two weeks later, it was also
>> noted to occur in a very early alpha version of SeaMonkey 2.0 (1.5a).
>> About a month after this bug was reported, a duplicate bug reported the
>> problem against Firefox 1.5.0.2.
>>

> Your joking....SM 1.5a (2.0) was being developed three and a half years
> ago!!!
>
> This must have been back in the SM 1.0 days, or earlier!!
>
> Daniel

No joke.  Actually, it's quite sad.

Bug #330094 was originally written 10 March 2006 against Camino 1.0.
Later on that same date, it was updated to report the same problem with
Firefox.

Bug #331019 was written on 19 March 2006, reporting the same problem in
Firefox 1.5.0.1.  This was immediately determined to be a duplicate of
bug #330094, which caused the latter's Product to be changed from Camino
to Core (i.e., Gecko).

On 10 October 2007, it was finally determined that bug #330094 is not a
Mozilla problem but is actually a problem within
<http://online.tvguide.com/listings/>.  The Product was changed from
Core to Tech Evangelism.

So this problem was first noted 3-1/2 years ago and was finally found to
be a TV Guide problem 2 years ago.  I don't use the TV Guide site, so I
haven't communicated the problem to them.  Has anyone else tried to
bring this to the attention of TV Guide?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>