Leonidas Jones wrote:
John wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
S. Beaulieu wrote:
John a écrit :
I am wondering if anyone else has seen any instability in SM2.0?
I use Giganews as a news reader and almost every time I attempt to
download the Headers SM crashes. Maybe it is my system but, perhaps
not.
Downloading headers does not crash Thunderbird. so I guess I'll either
have to go back to SM 1.1.18 or stick with Firefox/Thunderbird.

As a news reader, I only use SM Mail, but I've seen nothing of that
sort.

S.

He obvilusly meant that he uses Giganew as a new *server*, not news
reader. Since he asks here, I assume he means that SM is his news reader.

No problem with downloading headers from any of the 8 news servers I use.

Lee
it was only from Giganews that there was a problem.

I don't use Giganews, though news.mozilla.org is hosted on a Giganews server, and there is no problem here. Are these binary groups or text?

Lee
It was the text files in Rec.Boats specifically, because that is the first group but,it is hard to tell for sure since when you open Giganews all 4 news groups attempt to download headers. I have not had any problems to night but, it (SM) crashed 4 times.