On 12/14/09 12:23 PM, art wrote:

On 12/14/09 8:43 AM, MCBastos wrote:

 Interviewed by CNN on 14/12/2009 03:05, Rex told the world:
  I've often seen this happen:
  Let's say I have tabs A,B,C in order. Each one displays its own favicon.
  I either open a 3rd tab adjacent to B(I use 'Tabs open relative') but
  before C, or enter a new URL within B. Sometimes the favicon for C gets
  replaced with the one for B.

 I have noticed another, possibly related bug:
 Some bookmarks somehow get the wrong favicon.

 I didn't investigate the matter deeply, but I suspect it might have
 something to do with the "aggressively look for website icons" feature
 -- the one in which Seamonkey looks for a file named favicon.ico on the
 website's root.

For the second issue - this might be related to the fact that the
favicon may be already in the browser's cache. Try flushing the cache
(via preferences/advanced/cache or Manuel Reimer's PrefBar add-on),
reload the page(s) and see if that makes a difference.

It also may depend on whether SM is looking for the default
"favicon.ico" file at the server's root level or whether the web page is
explicitly specifying a favicon file via a<link rel="shortcut icon"
...>  or<link rel="icon" ...>  statement. Viewing the web page source
will confirm this.

I forgot to add that "browser.chrome.favicons" should be set to "true" as well. I've seen unpredictable favicon display if it's set to "false".

--
Art