David E. Ross wrote:
Via FTP, I see seamonkey-2.0-2.0.1.partial.mar at 1.2 MB and
seamonkey-2.0.1.complete.mar at 13.6 MB.  What is the difference?  If I
download one of these to archive, how do I install it on Windows XP from
my hard drive?

There are some instructions out on some web pages how to use updater.exe to apply MAR files - if they are talking about Firefox, they still apply here as well. The main way to apply them is to just use the internal update functionality ("Help > Check For Updates..."), though, it knows where to get them and how to apply them, all by itself. The partial update only knows about the exact changes between 2.0 and 2.0.1, while the complete update contains all of 2.0.1 and can be applied to any version, not only the exact 2.0 release version the partial update applies to.

I also see SeaMonkey Setup 2.0.1.exe at 10.6 MB.  Why is
seamonkey-2.0.1.complete.mar 3 MB larger?

Different compression, the installer uses 7zip, the MAR format is defined with some less efficient compression format (don't know it by heart).

Robert Kaiser