John Cunniff wrote:
Hello, Everybody,

Bug in SeaMonkey 2.0.1.

When attempting to type in an e-mail address in Compose window. As soon
as I finish typing, SeaMonkey stopped working. I tried to type, but
nothing. I had to close this window. I got a message from SeaMonkey
saying that this program did not respond. It asked me to end now or
cancel. I ended this task.

This happens right after I updated from SeaMonkey 2.0 to 2.0.1 last
night. This is a serious bug!!! This means that I can't type into an
e-mail address so, I have to reply to people, or telnet into my unix box
to use PINE to write!!!

Thank you.

Johnny :)

I seem to have the same/similar. Turning off autocomplete seems to 'solve' it for me. That is serious, I have come to rely on autocomplete for addressing. I have checked my address books (only three) and find no evident invalid characters. It (now) happens as soon as any character is entered in the address window.

For me, it did not happen immediately after update to 2.0.1. I sent at least one e-mail, I think maybe four, typing in the compose window address space, using autocomplete, without problem. Then I started getting the unresponsiveness/freeze. First after 2 characters, then at the first character (with the same name - getting as far "ra", then only "r").

I can (sort of) carry on by using my address books (an address entered that way causes no problem) - that is almost like using autocomplete (I suggest you could do the same). But we cannot edit an address once it is in the compose window address space. Even a backspace stops SM in its tracks.

Memory usage by SM shows a slight increase (-> 57,300 K or a little more, in Win XPH) but it is the highest of any process running. CPU shows 0% until trying to close the application or process. Then it goes up in 50% increments (not a good idea to click twice). No Mozilla crash reports are generated.

I retain a copy of SM 1.1.18 (on a completely different path) which continues to work fine. It coexisted happily with 2.0 until 2.0.1 took over (update process is a touch 'rude', even more so for FFx 3.5.6 but I digress).