Robert Kaiser wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Well that made it easy to get rid of it. Did anyone bother look to find
the originator of the original code?

You mean Netscape? Or actually a Netscape employee named "morse", who
wrote or imported the "wallet" code in early 1999 and placed it into
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/extensions/wallet/ and who does
not work on anything related to Mozilla any more, has no email address
available and who probably doesn't care a bit about SeaMonkey?

No you don't need to hold up release if no one is willing/able to work
on it.

Right, and that was the case - and still seems to be. People are talking
a lot about it, but the only thing that changes something is someone
willing to work on it and delivering that work in a patch.

It must have not been to0 terrible to code.

Have you actually read it? See the above link, dig into the code (that
is, when you find what's the password management and what the form
management parts of it in the first place) and make a picture yourself.
We did not find anyone willing to maintain that code or work on it to
make it work well with the new platform infrastructure - but maybe you
come to different conclusions.

I mean you have a person to
come up with a replacement in the form of an add on. Get him to added it
in SeaMonkey.

You're welcome to help and take that part of "getting him to add it in
SeaMonkey", we'd all be happy about it.

Robert Kaiser

Never mind you still can't see a users point of view. So I give up . its useless. I am but one user and since I am a user I would have no standing with him a developer, nor would I have the funds to pay him to do it. So I guess will have to make do until he gets tired of maintaining it.

So this is the last on the subject.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com