On Dec 16, 9:37 pm, z3c <zzz.co...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 9:28 pm, Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com> wrote:
>

> > BeeNeR wrote:
> > > On or about 12/16/2009 8:17 AM,z3ctyped the following:

> > > Athough I didn't pin it down to the problem, when I removed an address
> > > book to get under 15 of them I no longer had the problem.  I imported a
> > > backup copy of that address book and everything was fine.
>
> > > According to more than one report - invalid characters within the
> > > address book might have caused the problem.  I could not verify that
> > > since I had remove what might have been the problem book.
>
> > > Suggest you carefully look at all your entries or perhaps back them all
> > > up, then remove them, import them back one at a time, and see if the
> > > problem occurs.  If and when it does the last book imported may be the
> > > trouble.  Check it out for invalid characters.
>
> > Do you have mailing lists defined within your books? I seem to remember
> > working
> > around some issue by deleting and recreating my lists in a book, but I can't
> > remember details, one of those "fix it and forget it" days.
>
> > Sorry, I take tons of notes unless I'm in a hurry.
>
> > --
> > Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
> >    "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
> > the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot
>
> @Jens, thx, I'll see what will happen. Though you'll have to wait
> until you see my results as I won't be connected until Sunday - if
> anything went right with my current relocation and connectivity
> project ...

> as in announcement list .
>
> -best
> Frank

Back online and I just applied the "delete OE AB" workaroud; I had 3
ABs including OE. Problem solved for me as I never used OE. Did not
test drive further, but what I experienced was a near by freeze during
access of the OE AB. It took ages to show. Though,  there are some
3000 entries inside.

-best
Frank