Daniel wrote:

Not that I've ever used IE Tab or Coral IE Tab but just sitting here reading, I'm thinking "Do those that use these extensions ever bother to contact the site to say "My SeaMonkey doesn't work with your site because your site is poorly coded!"".........

Then I thought "Wouldn't it be possible to have this function built into the Extension??" so that it happens automatically!

That would be nice. I do use PrefBar, although it's very rare these days that I bump into a site that requires me to do spoofing.

When that does happen, I generally squawk at the site owner.

I've seen a number of sites that say they want Firefox (but accept SeaMonkey). The ones that really irk me are the ones that say they want Netscape 6. To me, that's indicative of an IE-centric developer, who supports something else because he has to, but doesn't really care to make the effort to do it.

Beyond that, for the sites that insist on Firefox as the alternative to IE, for a lot, it seems to be that many haven't bothered to differentiate between the browser itself and the rendering engine, and for those who do, it would seem that many may presume that non-technical users neither know nor want to know the difference -- it's easier just to say "Firefox" as the majority option, rather than "an XUL browser". If it's any consolation to us SeaMonkey users, I presume that Camino users have the same issue.

Smith