Hi Stanimir and Dave,
many thanks for your help and i came to following results:
- i changed to the next eCS version 2.0 RC7 and got Seamonkey 2.0.1 and the face (screen) of seamonkey looks good again. - the problem that seamonkey did not react to my "userchrome.css" was: i did not know that switching from 1.1.18 to 2.0 creates a new different profile. my fault.

Have a nice day and thanks, Karl

Dave Yeo schrieb:
On 12/25/09 09:34 am, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:55:28 +0100,/Karl/:

> my problem is the to large text in the seamonkey UI. And all previous
> version (until 1.1.18)works fine and has adapt the underlaying
system UI
> of eCS/os2.
May be it is related to the source of your build (its configuration)
- do you build it on your own, or get it from somewhere? If you're
using a pre-built binary, do you get SeaMonkey 1.1.18 and SeaMonkey
2.0 from the same place? I'm cross-posting this to
mozilla.dev.ports.os2, just in case.

The problem is that Seamonkey 2.x (and newer Firefox etc) uses
fontconfig and freetype. Our port does not support bit mapped fonts so
the default WarpSans font does not display.
The workaround is to install the TrueType Workplace Sans font located at
http://users.socis.ca/~ataylo00/creative/fonts/
Note that there are a couple of versions and which is better is an
individual preference.
This is all clearly documented in the README along with other issues
such as incomplete printing support (only puts a PDF on desktop)
Dave