Stefan wrote:
Phillip Jones skriver:
Stefan wrote:
art skriver:
1) In the navigator window Personal Toolbar, the rightmost bookmark item
will occasionally overlap the dropdown menu icon depending on the
overall window size. This appears to be unique to the bookmark list. The
location edit box does not exhibit this behavior (it does not overlap
the history dropdown menu).

If I'm not mistaken, there is a bug filed for this. IIRC it's an old
problem - I think 1.1.x also had this issue.

2) The show/hide icons for the toolbars, address area, etc. at the left
side of the window are not present in the mail, compose or navigator
windows. The only way to control them is via the View:Show/Hide menu.

Oh, you mean the grippies?

"toolbargrippy {
display: -moz-box !important;
}" in userChrome.css should get them back.

Beware that it doesn't look that nice, though ;-)

/Stefan

Use any theme other than the default theme and you get grippies. I've
Lcarstrek
Orbit 3+1 which I am currently using
SkyPilot that I can use but interferes with QuoteColors,
SeaMonkey Modern,
Venerable Modern,
Walnut which has some missing or generic icons,
and then SeaMonkey Default.
Default is the only without the grippies.

Yes, and the reason is that the default theme should blend in with the
OS as much as possible. I do agree that you could argue that there is
missing functionality, but I fail to see how the current toolbar
grippies could be made to fit in nicely in a unified toolbar. Note also
that the default theme has functionality that for example Modern lacks
(dragging the window from the toolbar/status bar).

Get with the program please. Forget about Apple suggestion for user
interface.

And get a user interface designed for windows/linux?

They are not interested in the amount of space taken to
create the grippies and the fly up fly down ,and fly in/out window
action. Heck even the Mac Addressbook and, and Kodak Easy Share have fly
out side windows. and iPhoto has some fly-down windows with a grippy bar
of its own.
I looked at Addressbook and iPhoto and I don't see any toolbar grippies
in those apps.

/Stefan

they have the bar with the dot.

http://www.phillipmjone.net/iPhotopicture001.png
click on the the little dot with the "i" in it and the window opens and closes drag the bar adjust size.

http://www.phillipmjone.net/Kodak EasySharepicture001.png
click on the button with blue background with the arrow expands and collapes this window

http://www.phillipmjone.net/iTunespicture001.png
Click on the square with the arrow opens expands and collapes this windows
http://www.phillipmjone.net/iCalpicture001.png
shows top part of window

http://www.phillipmjone.net/iCalpicture002.png
Bottom part of the same window not button it "i" with blue circle the opena and closes this window.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com