Jay Garcia wrote:
On 27.12.2009 23:55, Ken Rudolph wrote:

 --- Original Message ---

I have to say that last week I experienced the identical BSOD to the
above while running SM 2.0.1. It's one of the only times in 28 years of
running DOS and Windows on 11 different computers that this has
happened. It hasn't recurred so far and my fingers are crossed.

Interesting .. 28 years puts you at 1981, six years *prior* to the release of Windows 2.0 ... :-D

And of course MS-DOS IBM PC Compatible was released in 1981 but didn't produce any BSOD's that I can remember. And in fact I still have a NEW copy of MS-DOS first release in a sealed box as well as Windows 2.0 in a new sealed box. Hmmm, eBAY ?? :-)

Followup set to .general

Given a choice of MSDOS or Windows if all applications would work on both systems I would chose DOS in a heart beat. :)