Phillip Jones schrieb:
How about some type of switch for average user and expert user. Expert
user would be as now allows User.js files and working with about:config.
Th Average user mode would have no ability to create a USER.js or and
about:config would be hidden.

Big switches are often UI failures. In any case, the user.js issue is core Mozilla platform, the decision would need to be there and they are not looking for removing user.js support as far as I know, so take as just some random crazy thing running round in my head :P

On the other hand, it's not that broadly spread knowledge so probably pretty advanded anyhow. And about:config is already hidden, you only get it by entering it manually and acknowleding a warning (though people didn't understand the warning wanting to be somewhat funny).

Robert Kaiser