On 10-01-08 3:40 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
Phillip Jones schrieb:
The head of Google is so mad at the head of Googles' recent statement
that privacy and security is of little concern to Google, That he has
recommended that anyone that uses Mozilla Not to use Google and use Bing
instead.

Not sure what the head of Google has against the head of Google, but if
you mean the statement from Asa, he's not a head of anything, just a
Mozilla employee, and he stated his personal opinion.

I meant the head of Mozilla was so mad at the head of Google ...

It was in cNet, ZDnet, and Computerworld that Mozilla

s/Mozilla/Asa (a.k.a. "Mozilla Worker")

was recommending
the use of Bing over Google

...for those concerned about privacy.

as the result of the head of Google saying
in speech

s/speech/interview with CNBC

he gave, that securityand privacy was of little concern to
Google.

He said nothing about security. What he said was "If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place." Then went on to warn users that all info stored by Google could be made available to the authorities under the US Patriot Act.

Sorry for my bad proofreading They all had Asa the head of Mozilla.

No, they didn't. Asa is not. A quick search for "cnet mozilla google asa", and I get <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10413473-56.html>, which states that Asa is "Director of Community Development".

See, this is why I bug you (and everyone else) about adding links to your references, so people can see how much of your claims are your own misinterpretation.

To bring it back to Phillip Chee's point, he meant that novice users often find out about about:config through search engine results, whether that be Google or any other search engine.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Keeper of the Knowledge Base: <https://support.mozilla.com/kb/>