Mark Hansen wrote:
On 1/13/2010 2:41 PM, Lynn Q wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
Lynn Q schrieb:

I can confirm that the problem folders are definitely not resident on
the webmail account. These are old and haven't been used for a year or
more, since SeaMonkey, or ThunderBird, were last installed. TB is no
longer installed but I remember I had the same issue with folders as
well when I tried TB3. Therefore, these problem folders are being pulled
from an old profile. How do I go about creating a new profile?
Use the profile manager, it's pretty straight-forward and can be found
in the tools menu in seamonkey and in the windows startmenu.
In case you need additional guidance for it:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

Then how
do I remove all these old profiles that are obviously causing issues.
What path do I need to follow to resolve this?

Profile Locations can be found here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey

Don't get frightened, the texts handle Seamonkey and
Firefox/Thunderbird, it's not that much.
If there are still questions left afterwards, feel free to ask.
regards

Martin
Hi again,

Well, I set up a new profile, I still have the same problem, i.e., all
the old, unused, previously deleted folders are still showing up.
Therefore, I think it's a .Mac server issue.  They seem to be still
resident but not visible to me on the server.  The error message I get
here in SM is:  "Alert.  The current command did not succeed.  The mail
server responded:Mailbox does not exist.  OK."

I've tried Unsubscribing from any one of these folders and it's still a
problem.  Therefore, I assume I need to follow-up with Apple and my .Mac
account.  If I solve it then I'll post back to the group.  Unless
someone has any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

Lynn

I wonder if your IMAP server settings are correct. I don't have SM 2.X,
but do use SM 1.1.X with an IMAP account. On the Server Settings page
of your Mail&  Newsgroup account settings, there is an Advanced button.

Can you make sure your IMAP server directory is correct? My IMAP server
directory is set to /home/meh/Mail, which is the correct location for
my IMAP server (it's on a Linux server).

Also, I have checked:
   - Show only subscribed folders
   - Server supports folders that contain sub-folders and messages;
   - Use IDLE command if the server supports it

Do you still have 1.1.18 installed and is it working? If so, can you
compare the IMAP server settings with the old version - just to see if
something got corrupted during the migration/setup of the new account?

Good luck.
Hello again,

I "chatted" with Apple for over 2 hours last evening and nothing was resolved. They checked my account and couldn't see these old folders anywhere.

SM 2.0.2 was a new install, I hadn't used it for several months but decided to try it again. I like it except for this mail folders problem. I know I tried TB3 and had the same issue with the folders as I now have here.

I did check that I was using the .me account and that it had the correct settings for the servers. It doesn't matter if I use .me or .mac I get the same problem. I even did a new install on my MacBook Pro and the exact same problem happens! I still suspect that it's something hiding on the servers but Apple said they delved deep into the servers and couldn't find anything. I sent them a list of the current and old folders and they couldn't see the old (removed) folders.

Now I have an additional glitch in that one of my current (active) mail folders is not being recognised. Just keeps getting stranger. The error message to this subscribed folder is: "Alert. The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded:[TRYCREATE] Mailbox does not exist. OK."

I had recently backed up all my .mac (.me) account to local folders. Presently there are not too many messages on othere so that helps. Therefore I think I'll move all the current messages temporarily over to my Inbox and then remove the mail folders from the webmail side. See if that has any impact.

I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again!

Lynn