Jochen Roderburg:

>Never mind, I finally found the culprit myself.

:)

>It was an old extension "MonkeyMenu" which provides a lot of additional
>toolbar buttons for Seamonkey. Actually this was the only installed
>extension and I used it only to get a button to clear the URL input line.

It is not unusual that strange effects originate from an extension.

>This old thing is no longer maintained and I had already patched the version
>compatibility to get it installed under SM 2.0.x. OTOH it worked and I did
>not suspect it to have such strange side effects.

On trunk, if you have such an extension which you have fixed by yourself
that can happen with each new build. *g*

Well, i am writing this because you could look into "MonkeyMenu",
examine what's going wrong, fix it and offer a version .j1 for those,
who like this extension. :)

Hartmut