Mark Hansen wrote:
On 1/24/2010 4:29 PM, chicagofan wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
I am under WindowsXP SP3 with SM2.0.2
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20100104 NOT Firefox/3.5 SeaMonkey/2.0.2

For a newsgroup, i have positionned to "Mark As Read"
Applying filter when: "Checking Mail or Manually Run"
"Match any of the following":
   From contains j...@lion.org
   From contains j...@lion.org
   From contains jmB<"jmB"@lion.org>
     From contains jmB<"jmB"@Lion.org>

And the posts are still marked as "Not Read"

Any idea to solve this issue ?

I've just realized that I have never set a "Mark as Read" filter on an
individual, because I always just *delete* all messages from people
whose posts I do not wish to read.

I have now set a couple of tests on 2 people in different newsgroups to
I see the results.  [I have the log set to record the filters on one
group... the other group is too large.]

Any chance you would just give us the newsgroup in which this individual
posts, so that we could try the *exact* filters you are attempting?
bj

Why not create a filter on mozilla.test, then post there with anything you
want to test?

I wanted to test some *individuals* as he is trying to do, and I've just gotten the results, when reading that newsgroup a few minutes ago. The individual's name used in one group posted 4 messages since I set up my filter to mark her messages read.

They did not show, because I have my groups set to show ONLY UNREAD. So I switched to show "ALL", and there they were marked "READ"... just as my message filter log said they were. :)

I thought that might help Ray communicate what is different for him.
bj