Phillip Jones wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 01/24/2010 09:12 PM, Leonidas Jones wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 01/24/2010 05:47 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
/snip/
Firefox = Fx
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/releases/1.5.html
<quote>
8. How do I capitalize Firefox? How do I abbreviate it?

Only the first letter is capitalized (so it's Firefox, not FireFox.)
The
preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".
</quote>

I'll never be able to go with that. Too many tho0ughts of special
effects, it just doesn't compute. Firefox, FF it just makes more sense.

Lee

Yeah. I agree. I only knew of the Fx info as there was a bit of a heated
discussion over on one of the linux lists awhile back about this.

You pronounce all three as though they are two words so its logical to
abbreviate using first letter of each part.

Fx could easily mean Fix, or Fax, or Fox. Plus there use to be a piece
of software that That part of the name used FX on the end. I think I'll
continue what everyone thinks is correct FF.

I concur, Phillip.....how many times have you seen movie "special effects" abbreviated as SFX, so by talking about Fx, we are talking about "effects" aren't we??

Daniel