Leonidas Jones wrote:
Eric wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Eric wrote:
This just started yesterday. Every time I start Seamonkey it requests
that I input the user name and password for access to the newsgroups.

I haven't done anything to Seamonkey recently.

Any ideas?

TIA

Eric

Is this happening on this server, another server all servers?

I would say check your account settings, but we need more information to
give any real specific help.

Lee
This is happening on my ISP (Kinda) Server. I connect via Verizon but
support efn.org a local grassroots organization that provides internet
service.

Anyway I don't have the settings requiring authorization on connecting
and I'm using port 119 and the connection security selection is none.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
DSL 128K
Seamonkey 2.0.2

So far as I know, Verizon has discontinued newsgroup access, so your
answer does not compute ;)

In SM 2.0.2, you must have at least one newsgroup account set up. For
example, to post here, one would expect that you ahve an account set up
for news.mozilla.org. You may have others, there are several free and
paid news servers out there, but Verizon no longer supplies one.

So, on which account or accounts are you ahving this problem? Is it here
on news.mozilla.org, on another account, or on all accounts?

Lee
I use News Eternal-September and it happened to me,. I fiddle and fiddled, in the end it started to work. Sadly I had b*ggered about so much I don't know what actually cured it. Initially I put in the correct name and password, but it still failed.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.